Most people consider their homes their largest investment, and it's important to maintain and
protect that investment. When hiring someone to make improvements to your home, there are
some important things you should consider.
You cannot choose a professional by looking at an estimate and comparing prices.
Allow yourself reasonable time to sit down with potential contractors and ask at least
these key questions:
- What is the full name and address of the company? (Getting the complete address can be an
important factor in determining a company's time in business. If a post office box is given, ask for a
street address as well) Russell Anthony Exteriors 5609 N DuPont Parkway Smyrna, DE 19977 & 10
Montgomery Drive Suite #1, North East, MD 21901
- Does the company carry insurance? (Look for comprehensive liability insurance to protect you in
the event of a work-site accident. The right amount of insurance is expensive, but if there is a work-
site accident where someone is hurt or your property is damaged, it will prove worthwhile. Ask to
see a current certificate from the company's insurer.) At Russell Anthony Exteriors, Inc, we carry $2
Million in liability for your protection.
- Is the company a licensed or credentialed contractor? (Contractors are required to have a license
in Delaware, and cannot acquire permits without it. A credentialed contractor is one who has
participated in one or more programs to become a certified installer. This shows the company's
degree of knowledge, professionalism, and dedication to their trade.) Russell Anthony Exteriors, Inc
is central Delaware's only GAF Master Elite Certified roofer, and our window and siding crews are
InstallationMaster Certified and VSI Certified (vinyl siding institute)
- How long has the company been in business? (While it's true everybody has to start somewhere,
generally the longer the better. There is a very high rate of failure rate of small businesses in the
first three years.) We've been in business improving homes for over a decade (since 1998).
- What warranties does the company offer? (Ask about materials and labor) Russell Anthony
Exteriors, Inc guarantees our windows, siding, doors, and decking materials for a Lifetime (Roofing
25 yrs up to Lifetime - including workmanship for the first 25 Years)
CALL TO SCHEDULE A FREE ESTIMATE!